Long time no see...My due date is december 6th..yep I am pregnant, thats y cudnt write blogs as usual (ennamo en blogkaga oru cue iruka madiri buildup)..I did ultrasound during my 3rd month, and we got the result as, increased risk of downsyndrome...so they suggested amniocentesis test...Aminiocentesis is an invasive procedure, there they’ll inject needle in to your uterus and will collect the amniotic fluid around the baby and will do the test…In this test, u’ll get 95% perfect result. When we went to do the test, we first met the genetic counselor, she explained everything about the test,
how they do that,
what for they are doing this test,
what they will find in this test,
what r the risk involved in that,
what precaution I should take after the test,
And what r the symptoms I shouldnt take easy after the test, and should immediately call the doctor etc..
So I got a clear picture about the test. I even asked her about the downsyndrome test, how they calculate that percentage. And she said they will compare three things, Nuchal translucency (from ultrasound), PAPP and hcG (hormone responsible for pregnancy), PAPP and hcG from blood test. They will compare these three and she said NT should be below 1, hcG above 1, I forgot about PAPP its also below or above 1..
When she explained it, I found mine is in the border stage. My HcG is perfect, rest two in the border I mean its not in the normal ratio, but not too high. I felt certain I will definitely get a good result, I mean negative result in amnio..so when she asked me again whether I want to go for it, I said yes coz I want to know for certain…we did it, and got the result as negative, All trisomy,downsyndrome everything negative. And the funny part is, when kash called them and asked them about the result they said they cant tell him (!!), they will tell the result only to me…;-D I felt the whole procedure quite amazing. Patient know perfectly what they are doing, why they are doing that..I guess we got some of the doctors like that, who explains things to patients…but not everyone …In each and every field I guess we have to improve a lot…
Will write about the amniocentesis risks and procedure in my next blog
No comments:
Post a Comment