Thursday, August 9, 2007

ABC's of daily care

I went to thursday class, not bad...it explained about Bathing and skin care...and how to choose a pediatrician..since we r in that stage of choosing one, I find it quite good..
Its a DVD presentation, so I am little confused to mention he or she, let me say she..will share some of the nice tips with u all..
1. Consider the pediatrician by fixing an appointment with him/her, and choose some of the questions to know him better, I forgot to take notes of it, I guess u can get it from net definitely. (thats really a nice idea)
2. And then check whether the doctor is included in your insurance
3. Check the environment of your pediatrician hospital whether its clean, and etc

Bathing issues:
1. Shampoo the baby once or twice a week only, and after that make sure you dried the baby properly otherwise there is a chance for him/her to get cradle cap.
2. Temp should be below 90F. Use your elbow to make sure the water temperature..
3. Bath from head to toe
4. If you find any diaper rashes put proper ointment for that.
5. First few months keep the baby away from direct sunlight.
6. Use SF15 sun screen lotion

And massaging the baby (massge the toes legs...) will help babies growth...

I guess this weekend is going to be fun...lets see
Breastfeeding class is on saturday...planned to attend that too.
chao

No comments: