Before pregnancy:
* Are my immunizations up to date?
* What medications should I avoid?
* Do I have any health problems that should be treated prior to conception?
* Should I have my iron levels checked?
* What kind of prenatal vitamin should I take?
Pregnancy
* Are there any limitations on exercise, type of exercise, intensity, duration or frequency?
* How long can I continue jogging?
* Should I limit or avoid certain foods?
* Should I limit or avoid any recreational activities?
* What foods are especially healthy during pregnancy?
* What is a healthy amount of weight for me to gain?
* Should I get a flu shot?
* Are there any hazards in my work environment (computers, chemicals) to be concerned about?
* Do any of my hobbies pose any hazards that might harm the baby?
* What prenatal tests are recommended for me?
* Are there any beauty/spa treatments that I should avoid?
* Is sex safe throughout my entire pregnancy?
* How long can I sleep on my back?
* When is it no longer safe to fly?
* How should I position my seat belt around my belly?
* What symptoms of problems should I watch out for?
* How will I know I’m in labor, and how soon should I call the office?
* Are my nipples suitable for breastfeeding? (Inverted, retracting, or flat nipples can be problematic, but are easily “fixed” prior to delivery)
* Is it safe to take hot baths during pregnancy?
* When do we get an ultrasound?
* How often should I schedule appointments?
Labor and Delivery Questions
* Are there any exercises I can do now to help make labor go easier or faster?
* How long should I wait before going to the hospital/birthing center?
* Who will deliver my baby?
* Who can I invite to the birth (limits on number or age of invitees)?
* Can I drink/snack during labor?
* Can I wear my own clothing during labor?
* Can we videotape the birth?
* Besides medication, what alternative pain management techniques do you recommend?
* What can we do to help labor along before going to the hospital or birthing center?
Postpartum Questions
* Should I continue to take prenatal vitamins?
* How soon can I resume exercise?
* How long should I wait before having sex?
* Who should I call if I encounter problems breastfeeding?
* How much depression/moodiness is normal?
* How long should I wait to take a hot bath or sit in a hot tub?
* How soon can I start to try to lose my pregnancy weight?
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment