Monday, March 24, 2008

Insurance for all!

mm oh yeah...Here for everything u shd have insurance, if u want to install cableTV (I tried dishnet) at your house, buy renters insurance...If you want to install AC, buy Home insurance, atleast these you can opt out, but rest no choice, for car, for u and your family cant escape...

We bought the car before Kashi knew driving (hee hee), yeah one of the friends friend was leaving to india and was abt to sell his car, we bought the car from him...And ppl all around us were like oh u bought it for a high price, and made us (not us me) feel bad for that...Anyway we bought it before we start to canada, and so anyway cant even touch it for like 10-15days then also have to buy the insurance, so got it and one of our friend suggested parking insurance, and we were like oh thats a good idea, lets do that..so again calling the customer service, follow up etc we got it before leaving...oops

Then when we came back, we changed it to normal insurance...but still kashi didnt know driving..we did that coz kashi said he'll start learning driving from the following weekend, ie in August..All these driving schools didnt workout for us, coz mainly he was too busy, not his fault though, has to take care home, office, outside works etc..we were in the process of buying and arranging stuffs for my parents at that time...

So in November (hee hee) he asked his collegues and our friends to teach driving for an hour or so (atlast! he is too shy to ask for help, mm cant say shy he didnt want to bother others)..learned driving in like 3,4 days...he was so comfortable in 35 to 40mph speed (hee hee), ...freeway he said need some more practice..other than that he drives very neatly...Ask him now, he'll say oh I cant imagine how ppl drive in 40-50 speed, I like freeway better than anything else :-), In freeway u can drive for 55mph ie like almost 90kmph (ie minimum I guess), even in that u have slow, medium and fast lane...When we try to book for the driving test we came to know we shd've done it like a couple of months before, Dec 21st is what we got the date for test , my delivery is on Dec 6th (predicted date)..we were like oh my god...what r we going to do..and I told him to try in other DMV's incase if he can get a prior date, and he called the DMV and told them i guess about delivery date (hee hee) and they suggested Tilamook DMV and got the date in Nov itself :-), so one fine sunday he went there for trial with his collegue, Thank you so much guys for helping us. And then he went and got the license, he did 3 silly mistakes and got 85% hurrah!

I cant imagine if he dont have it, it would be really hard to drive to the hospital for my delivery and then the followups etc in that winter. I am dam sure he wouldnt ask friends for help, though they are ready to do...

I rem one of our friend he also had a baby just 3 weeks before us told, he knew target shop nook and corner..thats true we were going there like everyday...diaper, bottle, wipes etc etc....Man having a baby is a great pleasure, but buying things forever is hmmm what can u say...

I wonder when I see some of the families who has 4,5 kids..how can they afford..esp here in most of the mexican families I see minimum 4 kids Man how can they manage....wonder parents!

OK chao catch u next week!

No comments: